As a business leader and influencer in your community, you help make Alameda County shine brighter. EBCE offers a local choice for more affordable, renewable energy your business can rely on. Starting June 2018, you were automatically enrolled in EBCE and have access to cleaner energy and lower rates. And what’s great is, you don’t have to do a thing!
Download Business Toolkit
Understanding your PG&E bill as an EBCE customer
As an EBCE customer, you will see four changes to your PG&E bill. First, on the page with the heading “Details of EAST BAY COMMUNITY ENERGY Electric Generation Charges” you will see an item entitled “Net Charges”. This charge covers EBCE’s cost of purchasing clean electricity for customers, and replaces what was previously PG&E’s generation cost.
Then there are two fees that EBCE customers pay to PG&E: the Power Charge Indifference Adjustment (PCIA) and Franchise Fee Surcharge, appearing on a previous page in a section entitled “Details of PG&E Electric Delivery Charges”. EBCE accounts for these added fees when we set our rates, to ensure that your total bill is lower than what you would have paid PG&E without our service.
The most important change as an EBCE customer is found in the section labeled “Details of PG&E Electric Delivery Charges.” Here is where you will find a “Generation Credit” with an amount deducted from the bill. This is the amount PG&E would have charged for their generation service based on your monthly use, but instead they credit you back that amount. For EBCE Bright Choice customers, this number is greater than the sum of the three charges listed above- the difference is your monthly savings. For customers on EBCE’s Brilliant 100 carbon-free service, the generation credit should equal the sum the three charges because Brilliant 100 costs the same as PG&E service.
Customers on EBCE’s Renewable 100 service will be charged the Brilliant 100 rate, and will also see a separate line on the EBCE page of their PG&E bill entitled “Renewable 100” with a charge of 1 cent per kilowatt-hour.
Learn more about your options to determine the best choice for you!
- Bright Choice is our standard electric service.
- Most businesses were automatically enrolled as Bright Choice customers in June 2018.
- Bright Choice offers cleaner energy at a 1.5% discount to current PG&E rates.
- Your electricity will come from more renewable sources with lower carbon content than PG&E without having to pay more.
- Brilliant 100 is for those who want to double down for the environment and power their business with 100% carbon-free energy.
- Customers within the cities of Albany and Hayward are enrolled in Brilliant 100 automatically at the start of service. These customers can opt down to Bright Choice.
- Brilliant 100 is offered at the same price you already pay with PG&E.
- Renewable 100 is for those who want to do even more for the environment and power their business with 100% renewable and carbon-free energy.
- Renewable 100 is offered for just $0.01/kWh more than you pay with PG&E.
- Businesses can receive Renewable 100 service starting in November 2018.
Here are rate comparisons for a typical small business (A1X) customer.
|Bright Choice||Brilliant 100||Renewable 100||PG&E||PG&E SolarChoice|
|Average Monthly Bill ($)||363.31||365.80||381.23||365.80||378.43|
|Generation Rate ($/kWh)||0.08029||0.08190||0.09190||0.10718||0.09071|
|PG&E Delivery Rate ($/kWh)||0.12941||0.12941||0.12941||0.12941||0.12941|
|PG&E PCIA/FF ($/kWh)||0.02528||0.02528||0.02528||N/A||0.02466|
|Total Electricity Cost ($/kWh)||0.23498||0.23659||0.24659||0.23659||0.24478|
EBCE’s Renewable 100 for LEED
Do you need the LEED Green Power points for green building certification? If so, you’re in luck! EBCE offers a Green-e Energy certified version of our Renewable 100 product, sold in 5-year terms specifically for LEED green building certification. Download the details here.