As a business leader and influencer in your community, you help make Alameda County shine brighter. EBCE offers a local choice for more affordable, renewable energy your business can rely on. Starting June 2018, you were automatically enrolled in EBCE and have access to cleaner energy and lower rates. And what’s great is, you don’t have to do a thing!
Download Business Toolkit
New Commercial & Industrial Time of Use Rates Available
New Commercial & Industrial Time of Use Rates Available Now Under Time of Use (TOU) rates, electricity prices vary between peak, partial peak, off-peak, and super off-peak times. PG&E is transitioning all business customers to TOU rates, and EBCE is too. For more information, please visit this web page.
Understanding your PG&E bill as an EBCE customer
As an EBCE customer, you will see new charges on your PG&E bill, as well as a new Generation Credit from PG&E that offsets the new charges. For a detailed explanation of these changes to your bill, please click here.
With EBCE, you can choose three different service options, Bright Choice, Brilliant 100, and Renewable 100. Each service has a different price point and level of carbon-free and renewable energy. You can also choose to opt-out and return to PG&E at any time.
- Bright Choice is our standard electric service.
- Most businesses were automatically enrolled as Bright Choice customers in June 2018.
- Bright Choice offers cleaner energy at a 1.5% discount to current PG&E rates.
- Your electricity will come from more renewable sources with lower carbon content than PG&E without having to pay more.
- Brilliant 100 is for those who want to double down for the environment and power their business with 100% carbon-free energy.
- Customers within the cities of Albany and Hayward are enrolled in Brilliant 100 automatically at the start of service. These customers can opt down to Bright Choice.
- Brilliant 100 is offered at the same price you already pay with PG&E.
- Renewable 100 is for those who want to do even more for the environment and power their business with 100% renewable and carbon-free energy.
- Renewable 100 is offered for just $0.01/kWh more than you pay with PG&E.
|Bright Choice||Brilliant 100||Renewable 100||PG&E||PG&E SolarChoice|
|Average Monthly Bill ($)||375.79||378.42||393.49||378.42||386.01|
|Generation Rate ($/kWh)||0.08352||0.08525||0.09525||0.11493||0.09088|
|PG&E Delivery Rate ($/kWh)||0.13429||0.13429||0.13429||0.13429||0.13429|
|PG&E PCIA/FF ($/kWh)||0.02968||0.02968||0.02968||N/A||0.02905|
|Total Electricity Cost ($/kWh)||0.24749||0.24922||0.25922||0.24922||0.25422|
EBCE is offering our medium and large commercial A10, E19 and E20 account holders the opportunity to participate in our own Demand Response program. The Demand Response program will match the PG&E’s Peak Day Pricing (PDP) program structure and incentives, while providing rate protection for participants. Details available here.
There are also many 3rd party providers of Demand Response programs in California, and EBCE customers are welcome to participate in those programs while remaining on EBCE service.
EBCE’s Renewable 100 for LEED
Do you need the LEED Green Power points for green building certification? If so, you’re in luck! EBCE offers a Green-e Energy certified version of our Renewable 100 product, sold in 5-year terms specifically for LEED green building certification. Download the details here.