Enter to win an induction cooktop!
EBCE is launching the all-new Clean Cooking Contest to spread the word about induction cooking—and we want you to win a portable induction cooktop. Participation is as simple as: Cook a dish. Post a photo or video. And you could win a portable induction cooktop.
Crunchy, fresh, and seasonal. Whether on the cob or off, we want to see how you boil, sautee, or grill your way to corn perfection. And with induction’s fast cooking times, you’ll never be waiting long for your corn to start sizzling.
Meet the winners!
Annissia T.Annissia won with both Hong Kong milk tea and black sesame sweet soup cooked on a loaner induction cooktop from our lending program!
May Mix-Ins Contest
Kyoko T.Kyoko won our May Mix-Ins Contest with their clever use of newspaper to keep their induction stovetop free of spills!
New Year Nibbles Contest
Julie P.Julie P. started an insightful conversation about the benefits of induction cooking for the New Year Nibbles contest!
What should you post?
Post a photo or video that shows off your induction cooking skills. Your dish should be an interpretation of our monthly theme—anything from our suggested recipe below to something totally unique! And if you’ve borrowed your cooktop from the EBCE lending program, we’d be thrilled to hear about it in your post.
Post as many times as you like! No cursing or rude content.
Whip up a fabulous dish on your induction cooktop or induction range inspired by the monthly theme
Follow EBCE on Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter. Post a public post tagging EBCE and using the hashtag #CleanCookingEBCE before 11:59 PST on September 30th, 2023
Each month we select a lucky winner to win a FREE portable induction cooktop.
Winners will be chosen monthly based on content and on the total number of interactions—so share your post far and wide!
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Contest Rules
No purchase necessary to enter or win (click to expand)
1. General Rules: These are the Official Contest Rules for the 2023 Corn Cooking Contest. The contest begins September 1st, 2023, and closes on September 30th, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
2. Eligibility: All entrants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. We will consider the owner of the account an entry is posted from the official “entrant.” In order to receive a prize and to be deemed a winner, contest entrants must reside in EBCE's service territory.
3. Indemnity: By entering, entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and hold harmless and indemnifies EBCE and each of its directors, officers, employees, or agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising from either the entrant’s participation or the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in this Contest.
4. How to Enter: To enter, you must post about induction cooking on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, tag EBCE in your post, and use the hashtag #CleanCookingEBCE. Post content must follow the announced monthly theme and fit within the EBCE brand--no cursing or rude content. No limit to number of posts per account. Entrant must have not won a prize the previous month. EBCE is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, or improperly inputted entries.
5. Entry Deadline: Entries must be received by September 30th, 2023, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
6. Winner Selection: One (1) potential prize winner will be selected by the EBCE team no later than October 5th, 2023, from all eligible entries received. EBCE’s decision with respect to the selection of the potential winners shall be final. The potential winners will be notified on or about October 5th by direct message (DM) on the platform. Winner will be selected in part by number of interactions their post receives; interactions include things such as likes, shares, and comments on the given platform. Winner will need to provide their mailing address through direct message to receive prize.
7. Prize(s): The prize(s) consists of a portable induction cooktop. The approximate retail value of the prize is $150.00 The winning prize is not transferable to any other person. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and any expenses associated with the prize, unless otherwise specified. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prize is permitted.
8. Prize Acceptance: All federal state and local laws and regulations apply. Prior to or at the time of delivery of the prize, the potential winner must execute any relevant paperwork within five (5) days of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner, unless prohibited by law. Failure to accept delivery of the prize will constitute forfeiture of such prize. If the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules or if EBCE is unable to contact a selected winner within a reasonable time period following the winner’s selection, the prize will be forfeited and, at EBCE’s discretion, an alternate winner will be selected. In consideration of being awarded the prize, winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of the winner’s name, voice, picture, submitted posts, and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by EBCE.
9. Official Rules/ Winners: EBCE reserves the right to make rule changes without notice at any time. The decision of EBCE in the interpretation of, and compliance with, the Official Contest Rules is final. By participating in this contest, entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of EBCE, which are final.
10. Tax Information: Liability for any applicable taxes imposed by any government, if any, on any prize won is the sole responsibility of the winner of such Prize.
11. Applicable Laws: This contest is subject to the laws of the State of California. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Need some inspiration for this month’s submission? Try out this elotes recipe—and feel free to put your own creative culinary twist on it.
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- ¼ cup crumbled Cotija or feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp chile powder
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
Heat pan or comal on high, and place in shucked corn. Rotate occasionally for eight minutes, until charred slightly on all sides. Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients in a bowl. When corn is done, slather all sides in cheese mixture, sprinkle with any extra cheese, and serve.
Adapted from this recipe.
Upcoming contest editions
SquashSweet, savory, autumnal
PotatoesStarchy, mild, satisfying
ChocolateMelty, bitter, sweet
Excited to try out induction cooking for yourself? EBCE makes it easy with our induction cooktop lending program.
Get the most out of your cooktop
Visit the EBCE Induction Cooking Resources page to find:
- Recorded video cooking class demonstrations
- Induction cooking videos featuring renowned local chefs
- Cooktop operating instructions
- Digital version of the Induction Cooktop Lending Kit welcome envelope
Calendar of events
Get $250 to install a new electric range
EBCE customers can qualify for a $250 rebate with BayRen for a new induction electric range when replacing an existing gas range.
Get cooking with induction
Sign up to borrow an induction cooktop for FREE at a lending location near you
Home Electrification. The Switch is On is a collaborative campaign that supports home electrification by providing tools, resources, rebates, resources, and more. Download a copy of “Benefits of Electrification (PDF) (PDF),” a home electrification fact sheet.
Rebates, Financing & Free Technical Assistance. BayREN (Bay Area Regional Energy Network) helps residents and property owners improve the health, comfort and energy efficiency of their buildings. Visit BayREN.org to access rebates for electric appliances, financing options, and for free unbiased advice on home electrification upgrades.