Local Development Business Plan
The Local Development Business Plan (LDBP) is intended to develop a comprehensive framework for accelerating the development of clean energy assets within Alameda County. The Local Development Business Plan will include a description of how EBCE can contribute to fostering local economic benefits, such as job creation and community energy programs.
The LDBP will also identify opportunities for local power development, explain how to achieve EBCE’s community benefits goals, and provide employment and labor standards for adoption by the EBCE Board of Directors. The Local Development Business Plan will include the following seven sections:
- Grid-side DER Assessment: Large-scale Local Clean Energy Potential
- Customer-side DER Assessment: Behind-the-meter Energy Resources
- Development Models and Strategies: Local DER Programs and Incentives
- EBCE Development Issues: Labor and Workforce, Finance and Ownership Models
- Implementation and Policy Issues: Permitting, Equity, Transparent Reporting
- Integrated Resource Planning: Integrating LDBP w/Long-term Planning (IRP)
- Preliminary Plan Scenarios: Develop Local Development Business Plan
The Local Development Business Plan consultant team is deep into the process of developing drafts chapters of the Local Development Business Plan, and we want to make sure that the Alameda County community has every opportunity to weigh in. Over the course of the coming months, we will be posting draft chapters from the Local Development Business Plan for public review and comment. When a chapter is posted, we will open a 30 day public comment period during which all Alameda County residents and businesses are invited to submit their comments on the draft chapter of the Local Development Business Plan. Comments should be submitted to LDBPcomments@ebce.org. Comments shall be no longer than 5 pages. All comments will be posted alongside the draft chapters. During this open comment window, we will hold one or more webinars where the authors of the various chapters can present their work product and answer questions. All notices will be circulated to EBCE’s email listserv, the Community Advisory Committee and the EBCE Board of Directors.
EBCE staff and the Local Development Business Plan consultants are reviewing public comments during the process of finalizing each of the Local Development Business Plan chapters. The Local Development Business Plan team will clearly document any changes to the chapters made in response to comment to ensure that there is full transparency.
Sign up for more information about the EBCE and the Local Development Business Plan.
Current Draft LDBP Chapters
- Demand Response Assessment
- Net Energy Metering Strategy Recommendations
- Analysis of Locational Benefit Factors
- Energy Efficiency Assessment
- Energy Storage Contracting Strategy Recommendations
- Capacity Building Recommendations
The comment period for the above Draft Chapters will close on Wednesday, February 7th at 5:00 pm. Comments should be submitted to LDBPcomments@ebce.org and shall be no longer than 5 pages. Comments received will be posted here after the comment period closes.
Previous Draft LDBP Chapters
- Task 1- LCOE Narrative
- Task 4-EBCE Workforce Policy
- Task 1- EBCE Wind Assessment Narrative
- Task 1- EBCE Solar Siting Survey Summary Report
- Task 3- EBCE FIT Design Recommendations
- Task 3- EBCE Agency as Developer Strategy
The comment period for the above Draft Chapters closed on Friday, December 8th at 5:00 pm. Comments received on these draft work products are linked below.
EBCE’s LDBP team held two sets of webinars to introduce five draft chapters of the Local Development Business Plan.
November 30th, 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Solar Siting Survey, Wind Siting Survey, Task 1 LCOE, Feed-in Tariff, and Agency as Developer
December 4th, 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Workforce Development Policy
- EBCE LDBP Solar Siting Survey Overview Webinar 11-30-17
- EBCE LDBP Feed-in Tariff Overview Webinar 11-30-17
- EBCE LDBP Wind Siting Survey Overview Webinar 11-30-17
- EBCE LDBP Task 1 LCOE Overview Webinar 11-30-17
- EBCE LDBP Agency as Developer Overview Webinar 11-30-17
- EBCE LDBP Workforce Development Policy Overview Webinar 12-4-17